Saturday, December 20, 2008

Southeast Performer magazine closes its doors

Another casualty of the crummy economy, regional music magazine Southeast Performer has closed its doors.

An email from the editor late yesterday afternoon said there may be a digital publication run out of Performer's Boston headquarters, but for now, this is the end.

The magazine had featured Annuals, The Sammies, Cary Ann Hearst and Band of Horses on its cover and was a great tool for local and regional acts. Best of luck to the magazine's editor, Leila Regan-Porter, and the rest of the staff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wrong. I enjoyed that publication, and even though I don't live in the area I still like to scrounge up copies! Best of luck to the staff.

theleila said...

thanks for the kinda words y'all!

stfrequency said...

This is sad news. I used to write for SEP (I did the Band of Horses and Cary Ann stories), and it's with much nostalgia and a heavy heart I find out that it is no more.

Leila, will the back issues be made available on the new "digital-only" site?

-S. Thomas