Friday, July 25, 2008

Howard Dean and Ryan Adams?

This morning, Democratic National Committee chair Howard Dean spoke in downtown Raleigh, encouraging area Democrats to help register voters.

How does this relate to this blog you ask? One music choice this morning stood out compared to other Democratic campaign events. There were the usual Obama event tunes including Bruce Springstein's "The Rising" and Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" but my ears perked up when I heard a familiar tune from an ex-Raleigh resident. Ryan Adams' "Firecracker" was included in the pre-speech music. I don't know who's choice it was, but it was cool to hear standing on a sidewalk downtown at 9AM.

That's your polimusical trivia for today. And yes, I did just make up a word. I'm trademarking it like "truthiness."

[photo by Kevin Norris]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"firecracker" was a mainstay of the clinton campaign actually. heard it the three times i saw bill speak this year. still, pretty darn cool