Friday, August 14, 2009

Aerosmith cancels summer tour, including Raleigh and Charlotte

Aerosmith announced late yesterday that the group will cancel the remainder of its summer tour after Steven Tyler's recent fall from the stage resulted in a broken shoulder and required 20 stitches in his head.

"I was doing the Tyler shuffle and then I zigged when I should have zagged ... and I slipped, and as I live on the edge ... I fell off the edge!," Tyler said in a statement.

Ticket refunds for the rest of the tour dates will be available at point of purchase. Tickets purchased via phone or online for the previously postponed concerts in Charlotte and Raleigh will be automatically refunded.


"Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour," said guitarist Joe Perry in another statement.

Perry and Joey Kramer are the only band members who weren't sidelined with an injury at some point during the tour. Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton both missed parts of the tour while recovering from surgery, and Steven Tyler's previous leg injury was the cause for canceling the Raleigh and Charlotte dates in July.

"I just want to say that I' m plain grateful that I didn't break my neck," Tyler said. "In truth, after thousands of live shows, falling off the edge four times ain't too bad."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sucks