Monday, September 08, 2008

Ben Folds Five tickets sell out in 3 minutes flat

The headline pretty much says it all here — after going on sale at 10:01 a.m. (according to my computer's clock, anyway) Ben Folds Five tickets were sold out in, seemingly, a matter of seconds.

After manically refreshing the event listing on etix.com, I was able to snag a pair of tickets to the show.

One unexpected surprise was a $10 hike in the ticket fee. Tickets were actually $50 each, as opposed to the previously reported $40, with a $10 "donation fee" toward Operation Smile, according to the Cat's Cradle.

How about you guys? Who all is going and how far will you travel to get here? Did anyone have any problems with etix going down? Let's hear it!

UPDATE: If, for some reason, you find yourself with extra tickets...the craigslist board is already buzzing with "want to buy" ads. Listings like this one are guaranteed to keep me amused well into next week. (2nd Update: OK, that one was deleted probably due to, uh, sexual innuendo, but this post is a keeper, too.)

READ THIS UPDATE ABOUT STUDENT TICKETS

Earlier:
Ben Folds Five reunion tickets sure to go fast

Ben Folds Five to reunite in Chapel Hill

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 1!!! I'm coming back home from Georgia. I have decided that classes are not as important as Ben Folds Five.

Unknown said...

I was outside of memorial at midnight waiting for the student tickets to go on sale. Even that early, I was the 140th person in line. Still got lower level seats, though!!

MeganOddsen said...

I got my ticket, coming from NYC. I ended up in row HH, right balcony, I don't know how anyone could have been quicker though to end up with floor seats...It's quite baffling; I was all over it. And I could not believe it when I looked at 10:03 and it was sold out - unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

I kept refreshing after 10:00 because I figured some folks would lose their spot if they took to long to complete their order or if their credit card was rejected. I got lucky with 2 seats at 10:16! I'm still trying to work out the logistics because of a previous commitment but if I can't go the tickets will go to a BFF fan at face value (plus fees). I'll ask some BFF trivia or something to verify because scalpers are the scourge of the earth!!

If anyone knows what time BFF hits the stage that's going to dictate whether I can be there on time or not. I hear that Hotel Lights (Darren Jesse's band) is doing an opening set...is this confirmed...anyone...Bueller?

Valerie said...

Hotel Lights will definitely be opening the show. Not sure how long they'll be playing, but I think expecting Ben Folds Five to take the stage around 9 is reasonable.

Anonymous said...

oh so unfortunately, after plane ticket booked back home from japan, i was unable to score a ticket to the show! I've loved them forever..and i am so depressed about it. I'm going to chapel hill, and have no reason to go! i was online at exactly 10 est, but only got the sold out message. if anyone has an extra ticket, i swear good karma will be yours! unfortunately, after blowing so much money on my way to get there i only have about 100 bucks that i can spend...but ill also give friendly conversation and a round of drinks, and eternal gratitude. also, a copy of any and all photos/videos. im a photographer.
if anyone can help please contact me at 912 228 0600 and irunfromslugs@yahoo.com
hallie

coelder said...

I love ben folds! Have you ever seen him in concert? Absolutely incredible. I saw him at Langerado http://womenartmoney.blogspot.com/2008/09/langerado-dude-you-won-throw-that-piano.html
amazing!