Tuesday, August 26, 2008

iTunes single of the week: Black Kids "I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You"

It's pretty rare that a free song pops up on iTunes that I actually own, but that's the case this week. The song is "I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance You" by Jacksonville, Fla., band Black Kids.

The track is a groovy little dance tune driven by reverb-drenched guitars and retro synths. The melody melody is catchy and the song just feels like a great party song with big group vocals chiming in on the choruses. Think Hot Hot Heat but looser and more dancey.

I definitely recommend this song.

Black Kids have a show coming up at the Cat's Cradle on September 25. The Virgins and Magic Wands will open the show. Tickets are on sale now via etix.com for $15.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love this song.

Anonymous said...

Yup, its very Cure-like. And to me Cure-like is not a bad thing at all.

I'm amped up for the show. Ginny from the Blog? Nice.