Monday, June 16, 2008

Ron Sexsmith "Brandy Alexander" mp3

Soulful Canadian troubadour Ron Sexsmith has a new album out next month via Haw River's hippest label, Yep Roc. Have a listen to "Brandy Alexander" (download no longer available) from the album, titled Exit Strategy of the Soul. Sound familiar? This is the same song that appeared on Feist's 2007 album, The Reminder. Sexsmith and Feist co-wrote the song after a chance meeting in an Ottawa hotel lounge.

Here's what Sexsmith has to say about his version of the song.

"I didn't really plan on recording a version of my own until I heard her take on it which, by the way, I love. The Feist version is very pretty and sophisticated where as I heard it as more of a drunken sing-along."

Exit Strategy of the Soul will be released on July 9. Pre-order the album here.

No comments: