Tuesday, June 10, 2008

iTunes Single of the Week: Whitney Duncan, "When I Said I Would"

So after the UK styling of The Wombats, iTunes reverts to it's old ways. This week single is four minutes of bubblegum country pop from Whitney Duncan called "When I Said I Would."

All in all, it's not a bad song, but the production style is stereotypical of most modern country music. We have producers John Shanks (Vertical Horizon, Sheryl Crow, Bon Jovi) and Mark Bright (Carrie Underwood, Sara Evans, Lonestar) to thank for the bad production. Everything they touch comes out overproduced.

So, if you're a modern country fan, you'll probably like the song and I won't fault you for it. As for me, the song's about to get deleted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny hearing this since I've known Whitney for all my life, went to school with her and everything. It's funny from this side, knowing you know nothing about her and how easy it is to criticize. Well, you a free to your opinions, it's just odd to feel criticism without a healthy dose of "reason behind words". I hope your blog goes well, as for the single and album... maybe you'll have something to review about, and if it's a big seller then, you'll get some traffic.