Monday, September 09, 2013

Hopscotch 2013 Night 2: Mount Moriah, Pere Ubu

Photos by Kevin Norris
After leaving Local Natives at Memorial Auditorium (see my photos and write-up HERE), I had a few moments to check out local rising stars Mount Moriah over at the Fletcher Opera Theater where they were playing their entire catalog with some special guests.

When I arrived Daniel Hart of Physics of Meaning was onstage with them playing violin and it sounded amazing. McEntire said that more friends would be joining them throughout the set but I unfortunately didn't get to see any more. She also noted how crazy it was that they agreed to play their entire catalog.

I did catch a rousing version of "Social Wedding Rings" before heading off to catch a bit of Big Daddy Kane at Lincoln Theatre (check out photos with Justin's write-up HERE). The Mount Moriah set was one of many I wish I could have stuck around for in its entirety, but we try to cover as much ground as possible at Hopscotch.

Closing out Friday night I ducked into Kings for a few moments to see what was going on with Ohio group Pere Ubu. Needless to say there was a theremin wailing and frontman David Thomas was sitting in a chair drinking from flask. While it was somewhat intriguing and Merzbow was set to join them later, the club was packed and it was after 1 a.m. so it was time to call it a night. Check out some photos from the set below.











No comments: