Sunday, July 16, 2006

Patrick Park visits The Pour House

I'll 'fess up and let you all know that I hadn't really heard of Patrick Park until a couple days ago. And I'd only heard a couple of his songs before seeing his show at The Pour House this evening. But now that I'm privy to the world of Patrick Park, I must say...I'm intrigued.

Park played a free show at The Pour House this evening to a sparse but loyal crowd. The 45-minute set was filled with songs from...I don't know what albums. Either way, new material will be coming soon. Park is in the area recording an album with Chapel Hill-based producer Chris Stamey (Whiskeytown, Tift Merrit, Caitlin Cary, Thad Cockrell, etc.)

We had a chat with Park after the show to find out a little more about him and this mystery album. Turns out, Park just left his record label, Hollywood Records.

"It was a trainwreck of a place to be," he said.

Now on his own, he'll be releasing an EP of new material at the end of this year and a full album sometime in 2007.

Keep an eye out for this guy. If Sunday's performance is any indication, you can expect big things.

[photo by Kevin Norris]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

patrick is amazing. good to know he is in town a while. maybe we'll be blessed to see him again soon.